The company STAEDTLER + UHL was founded on the 11th of November of 1783 when Johann Jakob Staedtler paid his dues to the town of Schwabach because he had been appointed master craftsman.
In 1869 the first industrialised manufacturing of pins in Schwabach was established by Kommerzienrat (distinguished businessman) Michael Staedtler, who got the necessary machines and experts from the region of Aachen-Iserlohn. This was the actual beginning of the pin industry in Schwabach, starting from the wire to the final product including sale everything was done in one company.
After many setbacks throughout the two World Wars, which meant the loss of the markets abroad and the company's specialists, a new beginning was started in the 1950s.
Today STAEDTLER+UHL employs around 100 people. The products are being sold worldwide.
STAEDTLER + UHL KG
P.O. Box 2160
Noerdliche Ringstrasse 12
HRA 4379 - Amtsgericht Nürnberg
UST-ID-Nr.: DE 133786036
Phone:(+49) 09122 / 186-0
Fax:(+49) 09122 / 186-28